3.26.2012

A donkey wish

  Wow!  I am back after a major computer problem.  My registry was not working properly and would not allow me to access any program.  It required me to restore the computer to original settings and let me say this to you: back up your stuff!  That was the worst part and then reinstalling programs.  It is still a little wonky.  I was doing a lot via the iPad but not crazy about the cutting and pasting on it and redoing photos.  So...here am I!
This is my version of a masculine card.  Hubby will understand as he used to use this word a lot to refer to people that weren't so bright.  It became larger than life because we found a little stuffed donkey while in St. Martin and started to take it with us on our travels around the world.  So when I saw this donkey stamp, I had to have it!  He might be reading this so pretend you never saw this card honey!  At this point you are probably thinking we are rather odd!  Yeah, maybe a tad.  I like to think of it as having fun!

The challenge at Paper Playtime is to create a masculine card with a stamped sentiment.  I used this American Crafts set paired with Basic Grey pattern paper and a touch of Simple Stories. 
Hope you will join us!
Challenges I would like to enter my card in:
Craft Your Days Away: #41 Just for Boys plus buttons
Lollipop Crafts: Anything Goes
Love to Create: #8 Masculine
Karen's Doodle's: #101 Make if for a male
The Crazy Challenge: #112 Add a sentiment

supplies used:
card base: Paper Studio
pattern paper: Basic Grey and Simple Stories
stamps: American Crafts
ink: SU Chocolate Chip and Basic Black
twine: craft
button: Making Memories
other: foam dots and Singer sewing machine



15 comments:

Laurel

This is just super cute!

Cindy Gay

Just great!

Sharon

This is great Amy!!! I love the donkey. Love how you stitched the banner on. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek

That sucks about your computer! :( I Loveeeeeeeeeee your card!! I love love love the colors and loving the donkey and the banner!

yyam

Awww...so cute! Love the banner! :)

Ann

Very nice, I like the paper, and the donkey stamp. It is very unique. Hugs

Kirsty Vittetoe

Lovely, that donkey stamp is adorable!

Marjan

Not odd, fun! Cute little donkey and I had to laugh about the story behind it. Great card!

Ros

Sorry to hear about your computer problems ... what a nuisance ... your card is adorable ... Hubby will love it!

Crafty and Green

Really Cute Card! Fun Design! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Unknown

Don't you just hate computer problems.. But I am glad your back to show us this wonderful card. What a great design..

Hugs, Linda

Sonia

Hello Amy
Fabby creation! GREAT JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts.
Good Luck!
-Sony DT
Sonia-Studio60

Davi

Bummer for the computer problems!! Love the card, here in the desert we have lots of wild burros so I really like your image and the fun pennants for your honey! Marching to your own drum is a Good thing :)

Cyndi

Very fun birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

Kelly Schelske

This is a fantastic card Amy! Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles...sorry I'm late but we hope to see you again this challenge!

Hugs, Kelly

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy