3.18.2012

Bon Appetit

 A blessed Sunday to you! What a week we have had in my household with rehearsals, concerts, work, and more.  Better to be busy though as it keeps me moving.  :-)
Today's card blends some older products with a retro image to create vintage nouveau.  Old is new and cool I guess?  It came together quickly which makes me happy!
The new challenge at Sentimental Sundays is metal.  Our sponsor is Kenny K Downloads. The image is Chef which I colored in with Copics.  I started with a layer of Mead lined paper which shows faintly on the left.  The black print was layered with a die cut label and a strip of the other side was punched with a scallop border punch.  

I used a SRM Sticker in yellow to bring a little color out.  The papers are all Sassafras Lass.  I am happy to finally use these as they have been sitting in my stash for too long.  I added four silver eyelets to the scallop border for my metal in the challenge.
Hope you will join us!

Supplies used:
card base: Paper Studio
pattern papers/die cut : Sassafras Lass
sticker: SRM Stickers
eyelets: Dritz
other: foam dots



18 comments:

Unknown

Such a delightful and utterly scrumptious card Amy!

Virginia L.

How FABULOUS, Amy! I love the sentiment for this cute image! Perfect choice of color and placement! I am a subscriber of the magazine Bon Appetit! Your card totally reminds me to "study" the recipes! Happy Sunday to you, too!

~amy~

Such a fun card!!

Rebekah

How fab! what a cute image:)
p.s. Love the new look for your blog:)

Kathy

This looks great, love how you did the eyelets through the border, great look.

Julie Tucker-Wolek

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! Loving the colors and love love love that chef!!

Sharon

Oh this is just way to cute!!!! I love the frame and the bg papers!! :)

Kelly Massman

Too cute!!! :-)

Ann

Very fun, love the addition of yellow. Adds a nice pop of color.

Annette Allen

what a fun fun image..this is just adorable...love this card..

Karen B.

Such a fun card! I really love the pop of the yellow sticker!

Audrey Pettit

Adorable! Such a fun image. Love your coloring and fussy cutting and fabulous design. The border with the eyelets is uh-mazing!

June Houck

Absolutely darling, Amy! Well done!!! LOVE this :)

Ros

Terrific card Amy ... love the way you used those eyelets and brilliant colour combo

Tameko

Fun card Amy. I like the eyelets.

Anonymous

Very cute Amy, love the eyelets on the card and your image looks great on the papers!

SAMARA

Amy I love this image and what you.ve done. Very cute!

SAMARA

Amy I love this image and what you.ve done. Very cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy