3.11.2012

Floral Greetings

Happy Sunday to you!  I hope you are having a blessed day!  it sure is gorgeous here in VA and we already have many bulbs popping up along with a few trees blossoming.   I spotted pansies last week while out shopping and I love the variety of colors from vibrant purples, to indigo's, to the subtle whites with hints of other hues in their centers.  I wanted to buy some but was fearful they would not last if the winter weather returned but looks like we have lovely weather for the next week!  Yeah!  What a treat indeed!
Which brings me to today's card.  I used a Bugaboo digi image that I was so happy to find.  I usually opt for the super cute ones but this new line they have caught my eye and I wanted a go at it.  :-)

I used some paper a friend sent me and then had this recycled tag I layered the image on.  The center of t pansies has yellow glitter but does not show as well as I had wished.    That's the challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays, go green or recycle.  Up to you to interpret.  
The tag was from an article of clothing.  It said "Safari is a way of life."  I tied a big piece of purple seam binding from Martha Stewart to help hide a little of it.  I also added a panel of bright yellow card stock at the bottom of the tag to cover a picture.  Looking at this from the first picture it kinda reads, "Hello Life"  and I like that.  :-)
I hope you will join us for the challenge!

Challenges I would like to enter this card in:
2 Sisters: #82 Spring colors
Allsorts: #145 Say it Flowers
Crazy 4 Challenges: #127 Spring is in the Air
Gingerloft: #35 Spring 
Our Creative Corner: Papercraft Tic Tac Toe Flowers, Yellow and Glitter (flower centers)


Supplies used:
card base: Paper Studio
pattern papers: craft supply
digi stamp: Bugaboo
stamp: CTMH Say It In Style
ink: Inkadinakdo black
ribbon: Martha Stewart
twine: The Twinery 
button: Sassafras Lass
tag: recycled 
glitter: Stickles yellow


28 comments:

mags

Lovely card Amy. Love the image and great use of the clothing tag, would never have guessed.
Mags
x

Tracey

Wonderful card Amy, I love the ribbon, twine & button combo :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Ann

Adorable card. I love pansies too. Did you know they can take cold weather. I don't know about snow, but they can take the cold spring nites. I always pick them up when they start showing up at local shops, because they don't like heat, and I like to enjoy them as long as I can. Hugs.

TRACEY MO

I love the image & love pansies!! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft this time & Good luck.

Tracey DT

Laurel

This is just so gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek

I love love love love this!!! I loveeeeee the colors and the flowers!

Heather Rogers

So pretty! Love those darling Pansies. I am soo ready for Spring myself. :)

Hugs~

Annette Allen

WOW this is absolutely beautiful...Those Pansies are just gorgeous..so love it

Sharon

Oh I just love 'Hello Life'!!! We should all say that and Thank You God every morning when we wake up!!! Your card is just beautiful!!! :)

Unknown

How wonderful seeing you celebrate life in such a bright and flowery way Amy, lovely card! Thanks for your sweet visit to my blog, have a lovely day, Ira x

Unknown

Such a pretty card. I just love pansies. Your colored these so pretty..

Hugs, Linda

yyam

This is delightful! I love the use of purple...great use of the recycled tag!

Audrey Pettit

Ooh, beautiful card, Amy! Love that you upcycled a clothing tag for this. You did a great job masking off the unwanted bits and highlighting others. The flowers are fabulous, too. And I adore the purple.

cnelson

This could not be LOVELIER!!! I just LOVE pansies! So cheerful! LOVE the recycled tag! FAB!

Angi Barrs

Beautiful! Love the color!

Davi

Beautiful card Amy, I like to recycle those clothing tags also. The pansies are so lovely with their happy little faces and the pretty border edge and layers...very springy ;)

Ros

Beautiful Amy ... absolutely beautiful!

Alice

this is so pretty, Amy! love the tag design and colors!

Fleur

This is so pretty
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
I have candy if your interested
http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.com/
Hugz Fleur xXx

~amy~

I adore your oh-so-springy card!

Tameko

Hi Amy,
I love this card. I have not seen this particular Bugaboo image. You did a great job with this weeks challenge.

Sherry

Awesome card!! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft's Challenge.

Hugs,

Sherry - DT

MarcyK924

Such a wonderful interpretation of the challenge! I adore pansies! Love the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

Sharon Wheet

I love the purples and yellow color combo. very pretty and very elegant. thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Manderly

Amy, very pretty flowers! Just lovely. Great coloring. Thank you for entering Gingerloft's Spring Challenge!
Manderly
xxxooo

Anita Houston The Artful Maven

The card is very pretty! The combination of purple and orange is very very pretty! Thank you so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!

Nicola

Great card Amy, love the pansy image and that fab recycled tag!
Thanks for entering my Say it with Flowers challenge this week for Allsorts and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Anne Marie Hile

Just gorgeous, Amy! I love the colors combo and the fun details you added. So glad you joined us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy