7.12.2009

Weekend wrap up with some good news!

How I adore Sundays! I ended my week very nicely by celebrating my nephew's 6th birthday with family and friends, spending lots of time with J,a little creating, and a top 5 card spot for 2S4Y this week! A big thanks to Kazan and 2S4Y team for this honor!

I am loving the warm weather and enjoying the fruits and vegetables that the farmer's market and grocery stores have to offer. There is a new little stand near my parent's house that I like to stop by and see their selection. I had doggie sitting last week so I was there a few days which was really nice. The beast, err... I mean Bear was completely overjoyed to see me each day, it was well worth it! I miss the love and affection a dog can provide. He's a feisty little fella but he loves to be next to you, literally touching/laying on you. We played outside and he had lots of doggie treats! I think of it is a returnable favor to my parents for the times they gave my daughter cupcakes, ice cream, and such prior to me picking her up. :-) Also, he hates his dog food. He was outside eating grass, sticks, leaves, anything but the food provided in his dish which lead me to believe he wanted something.
So back to the farmer's market. I spied some luscious strawberries, blackberries, and cherries. They smelled so good! I am not a pie person. I like to wash the berries in my colander and set on the counter for snacking. :-) Yummy!
My creativity was needing a jolt and I saw the new shaped card challenge at Paper Blossoms while having a few berries it came to me what I needed to do! Hence the strawberry shaped card. I used Core'dinations cardstock which has such wonderful texture and color! My attempt at a free hand strawberry card:



Supplies: cardstock: Core'dinations; stamp: Inkadinkado; ink: Brilliance; rhinestones: Jo-Ann's; ribbon and button from craft supply

Thank you for dropping by! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Mona Pendleton

Very sweet strawberry! Love the bling seeds. Congrats on being named in the Fab 5 on 2S4Y :) Hugs, Mona

Linda Beeson

What a great choice for a shaped card, a strawberry that almost looks good enough to eat! And, your choice of Core'dinations cardstock is so perfect.

Evelin

What a cute strawberry! :0

Regan

sweet card...congrats!!

Martha

Indeed a sweet card, love it!!

Jessica Rodarte

I love that strawberry card. Too cute.

Unknown

oh so cute, you should submit this card for teh mygrafico fruit challenge ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy