4.30.2010

Happy Friday everyone!

Whew! I am back and slowly getting caught up with things. We had a layover in Atlanta which added a day on to our trip. I can't complain because it was God's will and we are home safe and sound from New Orleans. It's always a fun time when we go and listen to fabulous music and eat unbelievable food. We definitely got our fill of craw fish, pralines, and gumbo while there. I don't fix a lot of seafood in my house because of the smell and my DD does NOT like it at all. She is super sensitive to smells and noises, I believe it stems from Asperger's. Poor Simon and Christopher don't eat nearly as much seafood, but I do try and cook it occasionally.
So the first thing I did when I came back was hug my DD and asked her how her week had gone. It seemed like forever since I had seen her! 5 1/2 days is a long time. She wanted to compare our heights because she is right on the verge of the whooping 5'2 that I am. I love it! I hope she is taller than me!
Yesterday I squeezed in some crafting time between dinner and a bike ride with DD. I used Card Patterns sketch #61. I am heading back after this post to leave some love for the DT because they really did a phenomenal job with this sketch! Plus there are tons of talented card makers that submitted their idea as well!





I made a Mother's day card since it is quickly approaching. I am not sure it's my Mom's style though. She's very shabby chic and loves yellow and blue. Although, she is always complimentary of anything I make for her. ♥ Mom!


The pattern paper is Webster's Pages which I adore so, brown cardstock is Creatively-Green, 7 Gypsies stamp, Kaiser Craft pearls, EK Sucess scallop/embossed border punch, yellow and the floral flocked adhesive ribbon is
I stamped the "Mom" with Staz-On to the tiny Making Memories epoxy tag and tied with floss to a pearl stick pin and a little sheer bow beneath the Prima flower.


The picture looks really dark but the cardstock is a light pink and I distressed with Sepia ink. I am thinking I can't put off getting a new camera any longer. Maybe a Mother's Day gift for myself?

2 comments:

Kay

This is a beautiful Mother's Day card! I love the Webster's Pages paper and the velvet flower. I'm SURE your mom will LOVE this!!! I'm glad you had a fun vacation and made it back safely! ♥♥ Kay

yyam

Oh, this is such a pretty card Amy! I'm sure your mom will love it!

Glad you had a good time in New Orleans! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy