12.26.2010

Sentimental Sundays and winner announced!

Happy Boxing day!  Living with a Brit has taught me about this event.  I don't think we have ever had a proper celebration but at least I am aware of it.  :-)  It's really quiet in the house and I am watching the snow fall.  It's very peaceful and beautiful.  Until I have to go out and shovel it that is.  I am going to make crawfish Monica for dinner so that will be a treat.  I so love NOLA food, it's spicy!  It's basically pasta in a creamy sauce with lots of green onions and Cajun seasoning and of course crawfish.  Read lots of calories.    The recipe is at the bottom of this post.
So did those celebrating Christmas have a joyous day?  I was grateful to slow down and relax.  Always like the chance to catch up on events and just sit.  Christmas Eve is spent with my family and a huge feast that is always delicious.  The kids head down to the basement and play while the adults mix and mingle getting dinner preparations ready.  There is more food than 18 of us could ever eat.  I think my Mom and Dad try to have something for everyone.  My DD does not eat red meat (like her Mama) so they prepared a turkey for her.  It was brined and cooked on the grill.  I did not eat any because not a huge meat eater but dove into the veggies and bread.  They also fixed  prime rib and had southern salted ham.  I think Simon was in red meat heaven. 
Today sets a new challenge at Sentimental Sundays for cards with the theme, "Baby."  I used the Bundle of Joy sentiment and image.  I think this baby is just the cutest with his curly cue. 
Once again, I pulled some paper tidbits out to create this.  It's Sass Lass pattern papers paired with Recollections cardstock.  The card base is a textured card from Jo Ann's that I bought too long ago to remember.  The cardstock sticker is Sass Lass and  I used my Crop a dile to punch holes in the scallops.  The white grosgrain ribbon was recycled from a gift and then I used some Dress It Up buttons and Martha Stewart baker's twine to tie together.  That's it.  Pretty easy and simple.  Please stop by the blog and visit the other DT's to leave some love. 
I used Card Patterns sketch #96.

I have a winner of the huge priority mail box give away as promised!  The random number selected was.... #5
Creativedawn with this comment:


You make such fabulously beautiful art! I would love some papers and such...maybe I'll spend some time with paper, eh...lol! Count me in! Thanks for the chance.



MERRY CHRISTMAS!



hugz

Pam

Thanks Pam!  Please send me an email with your mailing address so I get that box out to you.  :-)  Thanks to everyone who commented.  I will have another give away this week for the Crafty Creations 100th blog celebration so please check back on Wednesday for details!



Crawfish Monica
1 1/2 lbs. rotelle pasta cooked al dente
8 oz. butter
1 1/2 quarts of heavy cream
3 tbs. of Cajun seasoning
1 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 lbs. crawfish tails (can use shrimp also)

Heat butter in skillet until bubbly hot.  Add seasoning and sitr.  Add heavy cream and cook until reduced by half.  Add green onions, pasta, and crawfish.  Heat through.

16 comments:

~amy~

sweet card and that recipe sounds delish!!!!

Unknown

Ooooo, I love this baby card as well!!! So cute witht the "welcome"!

Oh my, thank you! I won the papers and I promise to make something as soon as I get the package!

great recipe also!

hugz
Pam

Kirsty Vittetoe

This is so cute! Merry Christmas Amy!

mrsk06

totally sweet card amy your colours are fab!hope you had a good xmas! hugz xxx

Mona Pendleton

Super cute card Amy :) Love all the buttons!

Davi

Tooo cute with those dps and fun buttons.

Maria Matter

awww so sweet Amy, beautiful card Sweetie!!!
hugs & blessings!

Anonymous

Hi Amy....Your card is `Beautiful`...hope to catch up soon, hope ypou all had a lovely Christmas :) xxx

Tameko

Great card. Love your baby image! Glad your holidays are going well. I also, love Nola food. I will have to try your recipe.

Addii

Hello, I will leave my comment here for candy, I hope it is the rules!
Your card is very cute!
regards

Dorcas

Hi Amy! Both of your baby cards are very sweet!!

Cheryl

Cute card! Happy New Year!

Anonymous

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns,
Anthea.

Dana

This is precious!! I found your blog through the event at Feline Playful and have become a follower : )
Happy crafting in 2011!
Hugs~
Dana

Jagusia

Wonderful blog!
I love this baby card!

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly

beautiful cards, I am late but here i am, I just came over from feline playful

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy