9.07.2010

First day of school

is finally here!  I really think waiting for the bus in the dark stinks though.  Not to mention my daughter is the only girl at the stop.  Thankfully we have streetlights and it's right outside our front door.  I know- paranoid Mom.  That is me.  We tried in vain last night to find her final schedule on line but there was nothing.  I was hoping we could review on the school map her classes to ease any anxiety.  My step son was a tad nervous but had no worries about finding his homeroom.  He was ready an hour before the bus came and just relaxing watching TV.  A yin and yang experience.  Kinda nice for balance. :-)
Today's card is for a dear friend.  Without going into details, she lost her son recently.  My heart breaks for her and the family.  There are no words of comfort one can give. 



I asked Regina from The Cutting Cafe if she could create a file for sympathy/support and the sentiment you see here is from this new set.  The set is entitled, "You're in my thoughts" and features inside and outside sentiments which are so touching.

I based this card off of 2S4Y's #60 by Laura this week.  I missed last week so glad I was able to jump back in with this one.  I started earlier so I could be sure to.  :-)
I just discovered I made Ellephantastic's top 3 last week for this card. Much thanks for this!  I was greatly surprised and delighted.  I am adding this card in for the "Remembrance/Sympathy" challenge #10 this week. 
I found a fabulous cocktail ring from  Glamasaurus for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge:
I love the purple rose with the hint of green and the ivory mixed with brass.  I thought these GCD papers were a great pairing for this.
That's it for me now.  :-)

19 comments:

Laura Davis

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Kirsty Vittetoe

Lovely card, I just love these shades, sorry to hear about your friend's lost, glad she had a great friend like you to give them loving support.
Thanks for your sweet comment for my little blog! : )

Virginia L.

Love your take on the challenges!! This card will bring your friend some needed support and encouragement!Beautiful color combo and design! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

mfc.melissamade2

This is a beautiful card - I'm sorry for your friend and I hope your words can help her in some way.
Melissa

yyam

A really gorgeous card Amy! I love the soft color palette you've used. So sorry for your friend's loss...it must be devastating.

Queenie

This is such a creative card!! I love the flowers! Excellent take on the inspiration piece! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Mona Pendleton

So pretty Amy! I love all those different colored flowers & the layers! I am sorry to hear about your friend's loss - I am sure this card will bring them comfort :)

Unknown

This is so so pretty.. I just love those flowers.. I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss.. That has to be so hard...

~Linda

Kelly

My heart goes out to your friends Amy. It's always difficult to lose a loved one but even more so when it's your child. Your card is so pretty...the flowers are so pretty and the colors are perfect!

Lynda

A beautiful card for a very sad occasion - the sentiment is just perfect to show how much you care.

Love Lynda xxx

Angie Tieman

How beautiful! I love the triple flower look!! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y!

de

Oh wow! Such lovely flowers! And love the inside too!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Colleen Dietrich

So sorry for your friend's loss. I want to gush about your card, but it just doesn't feel right to do so. (it is very lovely, though!)

SmilynStef

Beautiful inspired card ... love the distressing and the big blooms.

Stella

It's horrible and terrible to loose a child. Life looses all its glamour and is turning into a nightmare...I am so sorry for your friend.
Your card is beautiful card and so heartfelt.

Helen Laurence

Really lovely card.Very thoughtful & beautiful. Thank you for joining us this week
Hugs x

Michelle

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing and joining us this week for the Ellephantastic Challenge.
hugs
Michelle
x
Elle DT

Regina E

sorry to hear about your friend...beautiful card amy and thanks again for the awesome suggestion...hugs

GiuliaG.

Amy, this is so pretty.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy