8.03.2009

Already August

My first post for August! The summer is flying by now and all too soon I will be heading back to school. Ewww! ;-) I don't want to talk about that until I have my annual beach vacation. Just isn't summer till I sink my feet in the sand and splash in the sea. I made a fun beach card but can't share till Wednesday. I also made a few different cards using scraps from my scrap drawer. I can't seem to throw away even the tiniest piece of paper. It was getting difficult to close the drawer so I needed to resolve that. :-) I squeaked out 6 cards this afternoon! It sure felt good to use those scraps.

My first card is for Kazan's 2S4Y weekly sketch. But first ... have you read the news? Cheryl has joined the design team at 2S4Y! A big CONGRATS to Cheryl! I really love her work and she's as sweet as can be! Each week she has left me the kindest comments about my cards. Thank you Cheryl!

My card:



Supplies: cardstock: Stampin Up, pattern paper: Scribble Scrabble; rub-on: Maya Road; ribbon: Wright's; buttons: Making Memories; floss: DMC; other: magic mesh and epoxy sticker from craft supply

and have you seen the newest recipe for The Pink Elephant? This week's challenge is use: 3 brads, 1 flower, and designer paper. Be sure to check out the DT's wonderful examples!


I cut the flower petals so I could curl the ends to give more depth. Then I added a little glitter around the center with the 3 brads.

Supplies: cardstock: Wausau white; pattern paper and die cut flower: Scribble Scrabble; rub-on: Scenic Route; brads: Recollections; glitter: Martha Stewart

Thank you for visitng my blog!

20 comments:

Shemaine Smith

Cute cards! I have that paper and admit I've been hording it in the back of my stash. I think it's time to get it out! Great take on this week's sketch!

Unknown

'oooh wow' were the words I uttered out loud when I saw your card Amy - gorgeous stuff.
Hugs
Kazan

EMTsweeetie

I LOVE the colors on your cards! And the friendship sentiment...so sweet! BTW...I glanced over at your profile...my husband and I are so addicted to hells kitchen and wine...and jazz! lol

Juls

brilliant card! what an amazing flower!

Annie

Fabulous idea having brads in the flower centre - looks so cool.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Nettie

lovely card, flower petals are great! nettie x

Peet

Wow...love that flower! two gorgeous cards!!!

Regan

wow...these are totally gorgeous!

Rebecca

I can't believe you got six cards done in one day...good for you! That's gotta make you feel good. I love that yellow flower you made. It is so cheerful, and paired with the hello, just great to cheer somebody up. Enjoy what's left of summer ;)

Terri Trotter Earley

Love your buttons, bling and fun dsp. Way to rock the sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous

Amy your card is `Gorgeous` I love love those beautiful flowers TFS,,,
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

cnelson

oh my goodness what fabulous cards!! Each has just the perfect details on it...the buttons, the bling, the colors...all perfect! thank you so very much for your warm welcome and kind words. it means so much to me! hugs, cheryl

Unknown

I'm the same way as you...I refuse to throw away scraps!! YOu never know when you might need that tiny piece!!
I absolutely LOVE what you have done with this card!! Is that Magic Mesh?? FAbulous job!!

Sherry Wright

Beautiful cards Amy, love that flower! :)

Carol

Love the flower and the brads in the centre....just fab!
thanks for joining us at TPE :)

Hugs
Carol x

Dawn♥

OH Amy these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS hun! Love the look of that flower on the second card! YUM! We miss you over at ICS! Have a great day! :)
♥Dawn♥

Sheri Gilson

Adorable card!! Love the flower accent. Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Unknown

beeee-u-tee-ful!

danni reid.

beautiful cards, oh wow! i love your take on kazan's sketch, what a gorgeous card!

Unknown

♥ the cherry blossom paper & that beautiful lime flower, Amy :) Thanks for creating with us at TPE! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy