5.07.2010

With Deepest Sympathy

No one wants to buy/make a sympathy card but it sadly occurs. It sent chills down my spine and caused tears when I heard of someone passing earlier this week. Without going into too much detail, one of my students lost a grandfather. The grandfather was extremely active in his grandchildren's lives. He brought them to school and attended functions we held. He was always jovial and caring. It was a sudden loss and is devastating to the family. I pray the love of God enfolds the family during their journey through grief. I made this card with much trepidation because I could not gather my mind to know what to create. I thought about it for a few days and last night I knew it was a necessity to complete, so I began.


Supplies: Bazzill swiss dot green and Wausau white cardstock, Scenic Route pattern paper, Cutting Cafe sentiment, Prima flowers, Wilton flower stamens, American Crafts button, DMC white floss, and ribbon from craft supply.
Card is based on Card Patterns sketch #62.

Peace, prayers, and blessings.

11 comments:

~amy~

gorgeous card...sooo sorry to hear about their loss...

Kay

Amy this card is so very lovely. It is truly thoughtful of you to create it and I know they will appreciate your prayers and concern. Such beautiful flowers and ribbon you've added. It's absolutely perfect!
♥♥ Kay

Heather Rogers

Amy that was so sweet of you to make a card for them. I am sure they are happy to have someone like you who is so kind and caring. That poor student is probably heatbroken.

Ruby

Ah, it's always so difficult making sympathy cards, starting is the hardest bit. As Heather says it's lovely that they have someone kind and caring like you, and nice that your student has someone to support her. A beautiful card!

lizzaveta

So beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at Card Patterns)

yyam

Loss is hard..

I love how elegant this card looks Amy...great choice of colors!

Mona Pendleton

Pretty card Amy! That big purple bow is fabulous!

Joanne Leddy

So sorry to hear about their loss. A beautiful card such as this will let them know others care. The flowers are wonderful

Anonymous

Hi Amy...so sorry to hear such sad news...
Your card will bring great comfort to the family..It is beautiful...Many Blessings x

Michelle Woerner

So sorry for the need to make this. But it is just lovely and I am sure brought comfort. Hugs,

whoistracy

Amy this is amazing! I love those flowers you made, they're fantastic.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy