5.02.2010

A Mother's Day card

Hey there! I am back with a Mother's Day card. I am determined to use what I have because my supplies are out of control. It's a terrible addiction wanting to buy new supplies every week. Ughh! The companies are pumping out fantastic new lines and I need them. I mean really need them. Or so I convinced myself. LOL! So tonight I sat down and pulled out a set my friend Pam sent me. It's the Chatterbox Artsy.licious line which is beautiful and how I never bought it I shall not know. It's shabby chic with elegance. Which seemed fitting for The Shabby Chic Tea Room challenge which is to find inspiration in this picture.

My inspiration: the quilt's stripes and florals.
I stitched a tad and distressed the edges with Sahara Sand ink to give a "homey" feeling. I sprayed the entire card with TA's Old Lace to give some glimmer.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Debbie

Your design is simply gorgeous -- I {heart} that big, wide ribbon!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I hope you can come back again tomorrow for our new challenge too :)

Kirsty Vittetoe

This is lovely, I like the vintage look and it does feel comfy! Thanks for visiting me the other day!

~Kirsty Vittetoe

She's a Color Queen

That is very cool and funky! I have that same addiction as you, of NEEDING it all - LOL

Terri

Nice job! I especially like the PP your used and how you distressed it too!

Kay

What a perfect interpretation! I love your shabby chic Mother's Day card with the quilted style and that beautiful stick pin! Even your stitching details are perfection. AND, you KNOW I LOVE that ribbon! ♥♥ Kay

Regina Easter

wow very pretty card...love the colors...

Heather Rogers

Oh how shabby and pretty! Love that pin in the ribbon. :)

Mona Pendleton

Beautiful card! Gorgeous paperpiecing & bow!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy