5.12.2010

Celebrate Life

Hey there! Happy Wednesday to you! Another week is flying by. We are winding down for our school year. Then we gear up for Summer Camps. Oh joy! Anyone else excited for the Summer Break to come? I am looking forward to lots of creative time but the ugliness in my garage is going to take away quite a bit of that. Ughhh! 14 years of Jacquelynn's clothes, toys, books, and more are screaming to find new homes. I thinned clothes out already but there are still tons. Plus, I just bought more because she needed shorts for the Summer. I have to give kudos to my Mom because she managed to always keep three kids well dressed. I have one and feel the squeeze with each season.
Anyhow, on to my card. I used Card Patterns latest sketch:

Also incorporated The Shabby Tea Room's challenge to use chipboard and the City Crafter Challenge blog to use pink with a hint of green. Heather Jensen is the hostess for this week and I love her cards! I finally got my hands on The Girl's Paperie paper and could not wait to use it. It's pure shabby goodness! I used a little ink on the edges of my card to blend the papers but they are distressed/aged perfectly. I love the soft colors and the patterns of cottage roses are beautiful. The ribbon on this card is American Crafts which I also just picked up. The heart chipboard, brad, pearl strand and flowers are older items I incorporated because I must use what I have before buying new. Or so I keep telling myself. :-) Off to watch a little TV. Have a great evening!

20 comments:

Beverley

such a beautiful and delicate card, I love it

Bev x

Dru

Hi Amy, love your card - the mix of patterns and the pretty buttons! Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. Dru

Kirsty Vittetoe

Very pretty! I love how you layered the DP!

Debbie

I agree, Amy ... that GP DSP is so scrumptious!!! Such a lovely design - I heart all the shabby touches you've added! Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week in the Tea Room and I hope to see you again on Monday for the next challenge :)

Mona Pendleton

Very pretty card Amy! Love that big gingham bow paired with that beautiful DP :)

june lanum

so pretty, thanks for playing along at the CCCB

Annika

Your cards are truly beautiful, you have a wonderful sense for shabby chic which I unfortunately lack.
I am wishing you everything best and loads of strength in your Mummy Warrior role. I can only imagine how hard it can get sometimes!
Hugs
Annika

Anonymous

Hi Amy..sounds like your in for some fun...
Your card is `stunningly beautiful..I love the ribbon!!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your week:)xxx

Kay

This is gorgeous! Love all the layering and that fab ribbon! What a fantastic shabby chic card!! Good luck with your garage! {wink}
♥♥ Kay

Heather Rogers

Oh I am so jealous you have Girls' Paperie paper. I keep saying I am going to order some. I just wish I could go to the store and buy some. :)

Love the glittery heart, and pink ginham ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with me at CCCB. (hugs)

She's a Color Queen

Beautiful card!!!

whoistracy

Oh Amy this is just gorgeous! I love that pink gingham ribbon.

Betty Wright

Amy, this is just beautiful! Wonderful design and stunning detailing! Is that three little straight pins used? Awesome look and design!

Unknown

This is so pretty! Love that paper, I can see you couldn't wait to use it.
Thanks for playing along with us over at the CCCB!

Anonymous

Hi it's nice to meet and follow you!
I came from Heather Jensens' blog...love her stuff....

your card here is just wonderful too! it's fun to create such personal, pretty cards!
well done...

come by for a visit sometime....
ciao bella
creative carmelina was here!

Audrey Pettit

Very pretty card. I really like the papers and the big chipboard heart. Lovely job with the sketch, too. thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Cindy Lee

Such a pretty card! Love your used of different patterned paper! They turned out beautifully!

yyam

Oh! This is so pretty Amy! :)

Kim Faucher

cute cute card.. love the pastel colors...

Ann

Absolutely beautiful! I love every detail!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy