5.30.2010

Friendly Flowers

Hey all! Hope you are enjoying a 3 day weekend like I am. :-) Pool season has officially begun. DD and I have been to the pool twice already! Loving the weather. Maybe I will get some sun on my super pale legs.
I sat down to a clean desk and now it's covered with supplies. Oh how I dread the clean up. I am working on some g.c.d Studios projects for next month's "spotlight". I kept thinking June was months away and now it's only one day. Eeek!! I wanted to try a few challenges out there in blogland so I pulled some Piggy Tales out to make this.
I used this photo from The Play Date Cafe:

Julie's color palette is so delightful! I love the photos she offered to inspire and had to use a flower myself on this card. I received this Basic Grey set a few months ago and never inked it up so today seemed like the best time to finally use it. I love their stamps! I was not sure my Pale Plum ink was adhering to the stamp and when I smooched it on the cardstock with only one try I was really pleased. I figured I would have to try it a few times to figure the amount of ink I needed to apply, but no. It was perfect (to me) on the first try. I need to get some more Basic Grey sets now. I like them so!
After making only one card, I was tired and decided to call it quits for the day. Maybe tomorrow I can conquer some more challenges. Time to kick back. I'll clean up tomorrow. :-)

12 comments:

yyam

What a sweet card Amy! I love that the ink colors match the pp! :)

Martha

This card is beautiful!!

Unknown

Beautiful, Amy! Love how you rounded the corners and added some hand stitching! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby

Lovely card Amy! I really like how you've done the edges and the stitching too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC!

Lisa Somerville

Cute, wonderful sentiment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn

I agree--Julie's color story is beautiful! LOOOOOVE this card--I love all the white and the stitching! Super job! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Joanne Leddy

What a sweet card. The white really sets off the colors ... and the stitching is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Mona Pendleton

Such a pretty card Amy! Love how you used this week's colors at the Play Date Cafe! Love the lil' blossom with the button center :) Thanks so much for playing along with the PDCC :)

Anne Jagger

Beautiful

Kay

I love these colors. I hardly ever use purple and when I see other projects it reminds me of how much I love it! Your sweet hand stitching adds such a wonderful detail. This is gorgeous! ♥♥ Kay

Unknown

love your card creation for the theme this week!!! wonderful work!!!

Suzanne C

Beautiful design and lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy