5.16.2010

Freedom

It was a busy weekend for me! Love those type of weekends though because I feel productive. It's been six days since I sat down at my desk to create so I was determined to make something tonight and I did! Yeah!
I bought the We R Memory Keepers "Old Glory Collection" because I like the patriotic polka dot/stripe/star papers. One is a cool red bandanna print which I didn't use tonight, but will real soon. They had lots of fun embellishments to match but I was able to restrain myself and just buy a stamp set. What a great deal the set was .99 cents. Couldn't resist.




My card is based on Card Patterns sketch #64. I used patriotic colors for the JUGS challenge this week. I stamped then cut out the USA and used pop dots to give dimension which is for Your Next Stamp challenge. The flag was cut from a piece of pattern paper and I used a tooth pick which I inked with Close to Cocoa. I made the border using a star punch. I cut off the points to make the pennant edge. I stitched with some light blue thread and distressed the entire card. Finally, I added twine and red rhinestones to accent.
Okay my bed is awaiting me. Another busy day tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

yyam

Oh wow! What a patriotic card! I love the rustic look...and great job with the toothpick! :)

Carol

Beautiful card! I love the vintage/country/Americana look that it has. TFS!

Heather J.

Hi Amy - thank you for taking the time to comment on my cards. I love the pennant border you used and the softness of the colors. Have a great day.

Mona Pendleton

What a fabulous card Amy! Love the distressed look & that pennant border is so creative! Great take on all of these challenges - Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Kay

Oh my! This is SO fabulous and a favorite! Love the patriotic theme and the creative way you made the pendant border. The distressing adds the perfect detail. Marvelous card! ♥♥ Kay

whoistracy

Oh Amy I LOVE this! That flag is perfect. Love the little pennants on the side, too.

Donna

What a marvelous card! I love the patriotic theme. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I also have a daughter who is autistic. We are definitely warrior Moms.

Teresa Kline

this is wonderful, great job...have a fantastic day!

enjoy *~*

Lisa Kind

What a very patriotic card! Love it! And what a great deal on the stamp set! Love how you created the border! So clever! Thanks for playing our JUGs color challenge!

Laural-Lee

Fantastic patriotic paper and design. Great use of everything including the sketch.

AKiteFlier

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. Great paper pack :-) We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

dstandard

What a fabulous card Amy! Love the patriotic theme!

Ros

This is a beautiful breathtaking card...
Thank you so much for taking the time to congratulate me too

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy