5.26.2010

birthday special event

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Lots to celebrate here in Virginia. We finished our school year with a terrific patriotic program and graduation for the kids. It was so moving. The kids sang with all their heart and the parents were teary eyed as they watched. I couldn't say goodbye to any of my students. I am hoping to stay in touch with each of them and feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to share in their lives this school year. How they blossomed in so many areas!
Another reason to celebrate here in Virginia is the fabulous weather we have which allows us to access all the amazing parks, bike trails, and enjoy the sun's rays shining on us.
I have lots of friends and family birthdays this Summer and never seem to have enough cards made so I decided to make one last night as I watched DWTS and AI. Yep, I am flipper. I switched back and forth even though I taped AI, I couldn't resist seeing and hearing the songs selected for the last night of competition. Does anyone else get caught up in this madness? I truthfully try and resist but I always cave in and watch the "buzz" shows. I didn't finish it so I woke up this morning and completed it.
Okay but on to my card.

and these are the challenges I made this card for:

Mission to Create's #17 challenge- beads: tiny pink beads on scallops, brown: scallop edge paper,distressing: edges inked and sprayed with Glimmer Mist, decorative edge paper: brown scallop paper, vintage item: ticket

The Shabby Tea Room-pink polka dots

Little Red Wagon-birthday

Okay off to work now. I wanted to get there earlier but it was a late start for me. Lots of cleaning to do. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Debbie

So pretty! I {heart} the way you layered all the embellies along with that ticket from Making Memories! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us all this week in the Tea Room :)

Vanessa

This is so pretty..love the colors and how you layered everything..you make an awesome card!
Thanks for playing along at Mission to Create!

Linda Beeson

I love your card, that fabric is the most perfect accent! Love the challenges you included in one card!

C

Love this, Amy! The fabric and ticket are super accents.

Heather Rogers

So cute! Love the ticket too. :)

Michele Gross

This is really fun and pretty! The fabric adds such a fantastic texture-really pulls it all together into something special :) I'm a reality tv junkie so yes I was watching AI last night and can't wait for the finale!!!

Audrey Pettit

What an adorable card! I love your layered flower and the burlap adds such great texture and interest. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at The shabby Tea Room.

Kay

LOVE that flower! I've got that border punch and you've reminded me now much I love it and need to use it! Thank you for the inspiration! ♥♥ Kay

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy