2.20.2010

Sunny days make me happy

Yep, I woke up to a bright sunny day here in Virginia! Always a nice way to start the day. Well minus the planes taking off. I live near a small airport and because the weather conditions are so lovely it's a perfect day to fly! Happy flying. I wish I had woken up earlier though because there's a restaurant that serves brunch and you can watch the planes take off. It would have been a good day to go.
Instead of going out, I sat down to creating right after my morning cup of joe. It definitely
saved me some calories and a few bucks. One paper line I am digging currently is Artsy Urban by Melody Ross. These funky papers are gorgeous! I covered this container with the aqua flocked paper easily. I then added a scallop trim to the edge and a huge red bead for a handle.

I wrapped a piece of white eyelet lace around the container and then a strip of 7 Gypsies gaffer tape.
Then I added a few Making Memories flowers and trim to dress it up.
The next item I want to share with you is for the CARDS blog challenge this week: create a shaped card.
I used an apple shaped card from Paper Popsicles and covered it with Melody Ross papers, added a scrap piece of border, pattern paper and lace, then embellished with two tiny flowers to complete this card.


My final card is for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger which was inspired by this photo:



This is my first time participating in this challenge and I am not sure why I have waited this long to play along. The best part is Cath takes your ideas for this challenge.

Pretty cool! Okay I must get ready for work so here's my card:

I used Get Sketchy's #26 card sketch. I could make several cards with this design. I love the large circle!

Have a wonderful day!

20 comments:

Kay

Oh my goodness! You have been busy making these gorgeous creations! I love them all!! Enjoy the beautiful weather there and have a super week!! ♥♥ Kay

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor

Hey Amy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Martha

Wow, gorgeous creations!!

Regina Easter

hey you fun stuff girl....love everything...hugs

Laura Davis

Lovely work Amy!
Laura

~amy~

excellent work on everything...such fabbie projects!!!

Michele Gross

Great stuff! I was reading your bio and you had me at Pinot Noir! :)

Kelly

Hi Amy,
Thanks so much for leaving a comment about my little card. Now that I am here, I see I have a lot of things to look at...you are a busy girl and you make lovely things.
Have a great day.
Kelly

Unknown

Wow, these are gorgeous! I'm lovin' all the new GCD stuff too!

(-: Heidi

Mary J

Hello Paper Lover! Thx for visiting my blog! I love your creations - so innovative!

Laurel

Great stuff! Love the pretty colors and your GS card, so cheery! thanks for playing.

Cindy Lee

WOW!! You are on a roll, Amy!! Love your project!!

Lynne in NI

Oooh, these are all fabulous!
:o)

Dora

Wonderful card again for GS!
thanks for playing!

Marcie

Gorgeous work Amy! Might have to try and find some of that pp!

yyam

Amy, these are awesome projects! I love the decorated container! :)

She's a Color Queen

WHOA - you are on a creative binge.... you go girl!! Wonderful projects Amy, you are so talented!

Karen

Great creations! I really love that first altered piece!! The red handle is fab and I definitely have to go check out those papers...they're fun & funky...thanks for the link! :>

Michele Kovack

Love your cute cards, but I especially love your altered container! Beautiful!!!

Barbara

OH my, I am in love with your container! So many beautiful patterns and colours! Your apple shaped card is so pretty and I really like your TT card!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy