2.11.2010

Altered scallop gift card/treat envelope for the Creatively-Green blog hop!

Are you ready for some super sweet fun!
Today is the second day in the Creatively-Green Valentine's Blog Hop!!! I get to share a fun challenge- an altered scallop gift card/treat envelope to make for those you love. I have 2 different treat envelopes for you. One that's made with cardstock and one made with a recycled postcard. Gotta have the green aspect even if Valentine's Day is primarily about the colors red and pink. ;-)
This is a quick and fun little project for you to recreate in under ten minutes.





Here's what it looks like open:

I used Creatively-Green's 100% recycled Red Devil cardstock which is deep red with a great texture. The Chambray Berry ribbon is also recycled, and you cut it, shred it, fold it, etc. It's also made in the USA.




1. Trace the template on cardstock and cut out. See below for template.

2. Fold the edges along dotted lines and use glue dots on each side of the lower scallop to attach.

3. Cut a sentiment /image with pinking shears from a piece of pattern paper and attach with pop dots to the center.

4. Add a piece of ribbon folded in half to right side with a button.

5. Use glue pen to add sugar glitter.

6. Attach a velcro closure.

and you are done!


The next example is suited for a male without the all the glitter and pink. I used a recycled postcard to make the holder and added a few vintage items from the Creatively-Green store.








Here's the postcard before:




Postcard with the template drawn on the back:


Postcard cut out:




Now all you have to do is fold the edges and decorate as you want. I used a vintage Dennison label stamped with a sentiment. I cut a heart from a bill wrapper and tore a sliver of a book page and then I added a square shaped brad . For the closure, I used 2 brads and a piece of floss. Punch your holes for the brads and wrap a piece of floss around to make closure.



I have included the template for this envelope for all to use. Please for free to create away using this template and I hope you will share with me what you make. :-)



Happy Valentine's Day!



Once you complete your altered treat project, you will need to post a link on the February 12th post over at the Creatively Green blog and let us know which challenge in order to be entered in the challenge. Deadline is February 19th. You are welcome to also post the link on my blog so that I can check it out, but this is not required. The prize for this challenge is this adorable set of Valentine goodie bags filled with yumminess!

13 comments:

jeanna

That was a great challenge Amy.. I love the idea of Scallop Gift Card Envelope.. :) I really love to do this!

Unknown

Gorgeous! I have to say, I had a very difficult time finding this post, but it was well worth the look!

Deborah Long

Great idea - I'm going to make these to put my kid's conversation hearts in!

Ali

Beautiful job Amy!!!!!!

Unknown

Great project! I love the masculine one sooooo much!!!

Unknown

Got it done! Here is a link to mine.

http://api.ning.com/files/J9vPffAK4IF8rdh2bIyNeFSHy1fDFy5ME22SPspSGLSk1JYhdm04GonQC2wGu6dXN27VJUold5tymjap64ufU7CWoWcATsAe/Picture007.jpg?width=737&height=537

Jackie

Amy this is such a great idea, great job :)

Marcie

Too adorable Amy!

jeanna

I'm done with my entry I just have to take pics of it.. :)

jeanna

Here's a link to my entry... I already posted it before the deadline in the Creatively Green Site...

http://creativelygreen.ning.com/photo/valentine-blog-hop-10?context=album&albumId=3711226%3AAlbum%3A18926


http://creativelygreen.ning.com/photo/valentine-blog-hop-11?context=album&albumId=3711226%3AAlbum%3A18926

Kay

Amazing Valentine projects!! Beautiful creations!! ♥♥ Kay

Waseem

Red color look so beautiful for it...Gift Card envelopes...I like it.

plastic cards printing

I think this Gift Card envelopes can be used for any occasion.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy