2.09.2010

Lots of Love to share!

Another snow day here in NOVA for us! We are expecting another storm to come through that is going to bring more snow. Eeek! I think I have had enough snow now for three winters. Sheessshhh! It's crazy.
Although it does give me time to create! :-) Today I want to share a treat bag and card I made with a Elle's Studio recipe and tag download which you can get for free here. I recently became a follower of the blog because I love the cute products and the DT has awesome ideas! They have a challenge on the blog to make mini Valentine's cards and treats. Valentine's Day is a favorite holiday for me because I love the color red, ♥'s, candy, and flowers but most importantly, my favorite part is giving a little something to those I love! Which means I need lots of cards and treats, so their challenge was something I jumped right on! :-)









I used The Cutting Cafe' 6 x 3 box for my treat container. I printed the template on Creatively-Green's Red Devil 100% recycled cardstock. I cut a 3 inch circle in the center of the box and recipe paper and used a piece of acetate for the window. The side view of the box shows the entire recipe card wrapped around the box with a decorative edge. Too cute! I punched the heart image from the tag and added the sugar crystal glitter to give a little shimmer and attached with a dimensional dot. I cut the sentiment from the tag and used dimensional dots also to apply to front. Finally, I added a piece of eyelet trim with a small strip of the Piggy Tales paper wrapped around the bottom and added a strip of bling.

For my card, I based it on Laura's #45 sketch for 2S4Y:



I used Creatively-Green's Chablis 100% recycled cardstock for the base. I added the eyelet trim and Piggy Tales paper to the left side of the card with a strip of bling. I cut the recipe card in half and glued to card's right side. I added a brad to the tag, cut a heart image out and applied sugar crystal glitter to the image and used a dimensional dot to attach. The tag is attached with dimensional dots to the right edge of card.


Supplies for both projects: cardstock: Creatively-Green chablis and red devil; Recollections white; pattern paper: Piggy Tales "Little Red Riding Hood"; trim: Jo'Ann's white eyelet; jewels: Heidi Swap; glitter: Creatively-Green sugar crystal; brad: craft supply; other: dimensional dots


I had lots of fun creating these projects and I hope it inspires you to create a few items yourself. In need of more ideas? Join us for the Creatively-Green blog hop that starts February 11th and runs until February 14th. Lots of ideas to share and of course prizes to be won!


Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!

18 comments:

Martha

What a beautiful treat container and card!!!

Laura Davis

Adorable, with a capitol "A"!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Regina Easter

adorable adorable adorable...wow adorable...hugs

The Farmer's Attic

Very nice!!! Were your ears ringing today? I've been bragging on you!!!

Thanks again for my Valentine goodies!

Lucy
www.farmersattic.com
www.farmersattic.blogspot.com
www.lucy43g.etsy.com

She's a Color Queen

Wow girl you are on a "sweet" roll here! Love it all!

Kathy Martin

LOVE this! What a nice gift! Thanks for entering a card this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Cindy Lee

Wow Amy!! Your card is super lovely!! Love your new blog too!! Just lovely!!

Kay

So adorable Amy! I love your treat bag and card. The lace trim is the perfect touch!! Beautiful work!! ♥♥ Kay

Kerri

What a gorgeous gift set, Amy!!! I love the see through window, the lace, and all that beautiful bling!

CREATIVELY GREEN

I saw this set earlier today- I love it even more tonite! It truly looks like a gift set I would but in a cute boutique! Absolutely lovely!

cnelson

perfectly perfect!!! LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!

Kim Rose

So cute! Loved what you did with that download! I need to download myself! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I love new blog friends!

Rebecca

Hello
What beautiful Valentine things... very pretty!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment
Blessings
rebecca

Sylvia

This is really lovely, Amy. So is your blog and all those treats! Have a nice Valentines day.

Anonymous

Wow love your goodies! There is a challenge blog that I have been following heaps, this weeks challenge is valentines, you could enter this there. the blog is www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

marley

awesome projects, just lovely!!

Sue Lelli

Wow! Two for one - both BEAUTIFUL!

Amy Heller

Gorgeous, Amy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy