2.14.2010

Amour Valentine's Day Swap

I participated in Cathy's Amour Valentine's day swap much to my delight and met a wonderful new friend, Stevie .
The details of the swap:
Cover a heart shaped box and fill it will fabulous items. I could not find a heart shaped box in the size we needed so I substituted this wooden suitcase. Stevie said she liked shades of reds and pinks along with a vintage style. I painted the suitcase with red paint and then brushed with a watered down brown to age it. Next I added a scallop heart I die cut with some vintage paper (okay it's vintage to me!) and adhered to the top. I sprayed glimmer mist on a silk rose and added a tulle ribbon with a pearl strand and the title "Amour" was placed on a piece of aged burlap that was backed with brown cardstock. Then I added gems alternatively to the scallop edges.






I also made her a mini album to place inside the box. I used the chipboard "bracket" album from Michael's which I painted with the same red paint and brushed a thinned down coat of brown to age. I added scraps of fabric, vintage labels, rhinestones, tags, and buttons to embellish.
Cover of album:

Pages inside album:





I added a few pieces of chipboard to this silver ornament to embellish it along with a rhinestone.

and here is the package what went into the package:


and finally all wrapped up and ready to be mailed to Stevie:



Stevie sent me a beautifully decorated box covered in fabric that has an sugared angel on top!




Inside was all sorts of goodies! She also made me a fabric tussie mussie, roses sprinkled with just a touch of glitter on the edges, and crepe paper embellishments in circular shapes. Oh my! But that's not all! she sent me candy and more!

This is a list of all the participants in the swap:
Sheila - Faded But Desired Treasures
Melissa - Piney Rose
Janet - Janets Creative Pillows
Debbi - The Wicker Patio
Deborah - Debs Vintage Soul
Trisha - The Brantingham Family
Vera - Olivia Paiges
Gail - The Sassy Beach
Rhea - Sweet n Shabby Roses
Sandy - Hobbnobbers
Sarah - My So Called Junky Life
Eleanor - A Bit of Pink Heaven
Jenny - Fated Follies
Linda - Country Pickins
Joyce - Scrap for Joy
Julie Ann - Kitchen Floor Creations
Stephanie - Rose Petals and Rust
Carol - Songberries
Terri - The Glittered Nest
Lisa - Lisas Craft Boutique
Chastity - One Womens Haven
Cindy - Angel Heart Designs
Tracey - Magical Kardz
Mary - Vintage Patina
Jacalyn - RME Bath Products
Mary Jo - Creative Vintage Cottage
Lisa - Pupylov
Lori - Ruffles Ribbons and Roses
Valarie - Glittery Daze and Nights
Karen - Secondhand Rose
Jayme - Flaming Biscuits On The Farm
Elyse - Tinkered Treasures
Lisa - Pale Pink and Roses
Shannon - Shabby Shans Cottage
Vivian - Vivs Whimsy
Kathy - Lil Bit Old Lil Bit New
Stephanie - Crowns and Pearls
Nancy - Coeur d'Alene Gifts
Karen - My Desert Cottage
Tammy - One Frustrated Momma
Ramona - Samuels Family Frenzy
Cathy - Treasured Heirlooms
Pam - Treasures-N-Textures
Sherry - Sherrys Rose Cottage
Laurie - Mermaid Treasures Art
Sue - Suzeeez
Andrea - Vintage Bella Studio
Hannah - Ashmore Family
Meg - Vintage Garden Home
Nancy - Its Raining Pearls
Josette - My Grammas Soul
Angela - Henny Penny and Chickies
Melissa - Abigails Pocatello
Cassandra - My Artful Adventures
Renee - Vintage Recreations
Lorena - Rose Chic Friends
Amy - Paper Trails Leaver
Stevie - My Art Canvas
Jennifer - Jennifers Petal Palace
Shirl - Shirls Rose Cottage
Lulu - Coastal Sisters News
Jill - Jill Sibbald
Crystal - The Hummingbird Cottage
Hayley - Nesting Notions
Nicole - Gibbys Girl
Bryanna -The Canarys Cupcake




A huge thank you to Cathy of Treasured Heirloom's for organizing this amazing swap! Much appreciated! She has a beautiful blog filled with crafts and vintage items that I recommend you visit. She also has a store which sells some of her romantic and elegant collections.

14 comments:

Ali

Wow, Wow2, Wow, the suitdcase yo amde and the gorgeous one you rec'd back are both exceptional. WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYFS... You're AMAZING AMY.

LuLu Kellogg

I am loving seeing what everyone received.

This was a wonderful swap. Lots of Amour to be shared!

Happy Heart Day!
LuLu♥

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com

Such lovely things, given and received! I love that box!

Happy Valentine's Day,
Jacalyn
www.rmeboutique.com

Lisa

Oh my! What a great swap! You have some great goodies there! I hope you have enjoyed this swap as much as I have!
Hugs,Lisa

Vera

Lovely things... both given and received!

Vera
Olivia Paige

Lori

Loved the box you received! The angel was adorable! very clever to use the suitcase! Think I'll try one! Lori

Unknown

Wow, love you gorgeous gift set!

(-: Heidi

Amore Artisan Boutique

WOW! What fun this was! I had a blast! Can't wait untill next year to do it again
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
hugs sassy gail www.thesassybeach.com

Ele at abitofpinkheaven

I love the shades of color you used in your box, and the sugared angel on the one you received. It was a great swap, wasn't it?

Shabby Shan

The goodies you received and sent are so pretty! This swap has been so much fun! Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Unknown

Such pretty goodies...It was a fun swap, wasn't it...

Unknown

Super great stuff you both made for each other! Great Swap!!! Meg

jeanna

Awesome things! Those are really good stuffs! I wish I had it! LOL! :)

Kay

Wowza! Truly wonderful, Amy! I'm glad you had such a fun swap.
♥♥ Kay

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy