11.15.2010

A new day with a new card

How was your Monday?  Hopefully it was filled with lots of good moments.  I like the start of a new work week.  I know that probably sounds quirky.  Most people dread Mondays but I look forward to them because I can get back on track.  I tend to get a little sidetracked on the weekends with downtime.  Like sleeping in!  Saturdays are a day for me to indulge in the ultimate slumber.  I try to keep myself in the bed as long as I can those mornings.  The Ipad contributes to this with lots of distractions and weighing very little so it does not grow to heavy or hot on my lap.  I still have not mastered the applications, uploading photos, and lots more.  I tend to use it to surf and comment.  Anyone else have one?  The only thing I dislike is having  the browser refresh every time I go to Google Reader, click on a blog, and then try to come back to the reader.  Is there a way around it refreshing?  I guess I should investigate further but thought some of my blog friends might have some knowledge about this. 
My card for today uses one of latest favorite paper lines.  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.  Oh how this entire collection screams buy me! 
So the newest Sentimental Sunday's challenge is all about childhood.  Ahhh childhood.  it was such a happy and carry free time for me.  Everyone has their own opinion about this however so hop on over and see what the design team created and grab your FREE sentiments.
Every Sunday Paper Sundaes issues a new challenge on their site and this time it is al aboutl the toppings!  Toppings being ribbon, embossing, and blue for me.  The ribbon is a lovely soft pink velvet that a friend sent me some time ago.  The cardstock has embossed accents such as pin stripes and brown glittered damask pieces and the blue is highlighted in the quote frame and rhinestones.  I think I need to adjust the camera settings because this looks incredibly dark.  Oh the time change has me scrambling to try and remember to photograph at an earlier hour but it doesn't always happen.  :-(
I would also like to enter this into:
Delightful Sketches challenge: "Glitter It Up"
Raise the Bar: #44 "Babies"  Not exactly babies but child related

Thank you stopping by!  I appreciate it!

18 comments:

Shirl

The sentiment you have chosen for your card is perfect everything looks so delicate.
Hugs Shirley x x

yyam

What a lovely card! That bow is just perfect! And I love the sentiment!:)

Have a wonderful week Amy!

Lynda

A totally beautiful card.

Love Lynda xxx

Ros

Gorgeous card and I love the sentiment!

Claire Phillips

Such a fab sentiment - wonderful card! Cheers Claire x

Stella

Awww that sentiment; so gorgeous and so so true....
I love those papers from MME and your card is stunning; as always :)
Have a wonderful day!

~amy~

such a pretty card!

cnelson

Perfectly GORGEOUS! LOVE the design and sentiment!!

Anonymous

Hi Amy Hope your all doing well.
Your card s truly `beautiful`
love the sentiment..TFI
Have a lovely Evening big(((hugs)))) x

Sandi

lovely card. Sandi

Kay

Beautiful! The sentiment is precious and I also adore the scallops and rhinestones. This card is marvelous, Amy! I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one thrown off by the time change. I've been trying for a few days to get some cards photographed. It also doesn't help that it's rainy and dreary here! LOL! ♥♥ Kay

CRAZYCRAFTSHED

Hi Amy
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

SYLVIA-ANNE

Beautiful card Amy - love the delicate colours and that delicious ribbon! Fabulous sentiment too!
x Sylvia x

Mona Pendleton

Very pretty card Amy! Love the added rhinestones!

Donna

Love your sentiment and the stripes! Thanks for glittering it up with Delightful Challenges.

Gloria Stengel

Hi Amy. So fun to see you playing at Paper Sundaes! Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing along this week!

~*Joni

Congratulations on making the top 3 over at Raise The Bar this week! Please see the blog for more information. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us over at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

Karina

Lovely card you made. I like your color combination and the sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week. Hope to see you again.
Karina

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy