11.17.2010

Beautiful Insides

Happy Wednesday to you!  Hope you are experiencing a splendid day in your part of the world.  I am back today with a card that is completed inside and out!  The new Crafty Creations challenge for the week allowed me to remember that  I sometimes forget and  focus all my energy and creativity on the outside and  when I open it up and  find it bare, it's kind  of a let down.  So today I share a birthday card that's truly complete!


I started with a handcut journal bracket from a piece of My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found" and then began layering, stitching, and distressing.  I used a Melissa Frances glittered chipboard heart and added a few stamps from Amy Butler for the sentiment and ticket I made.  I punched a butterfly twice and added a little Stickles to the center to accent.  The organza flower was a gift from a swap many moons ago.  I strung three pink buttons on some twine for the left and tied off.  I also added two kraft photo corners because I wanted to use Card Pattern's # 90 sketch. 
For the inside I stamped another Amy Butler stamp and colored in lightly with markers for a subtle effect.  I added the final words for my sentiment using Pink Paislee's sticklers. 
I hope you like it!  I was really pleased with this!
I would like to enter it for the following challenges:
Ai Factory: "Diecuts or Punches"
A Spoonful of Sugar: "Distressing"
Card Patterns: #90 Sketch
Crafty Creations: #94 "Beautiful Insides"
Cute Card Thursdays: #138 "Anything Goes"
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Rhonda Miller

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

Anonymous

Layered, stitched and distressed to perfection Amy!! Love it!!
smiles,Deena

Saskia

Gorgeous card!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Kay

Absolutely lovely, Amy! The Melissa Frances glittered heart and the layered goodies on top of it are divine! Thank you for reminding me to embellish the inside of my cards. I'm always leaving mine neglected! ♥♥ Kay

Mimi

It is perfection!

Mimi

Ros

Beautifully done ... love the glittery heart

farmhouse-story

love your stitching, colors, elements-love it all, amy:)

lauren bergold

ooooooooooooooh! i love this...in fact, i DOUBLY ♥LOVE♥ this...once for the outside, once for the inside!!! ♥ (i rarely do the insides, either, which is a shame really b/c i love sooooooooo much to *SEE* them done!!!) :)

Agata

Such a lovely card! Love the colors and details! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Stella

Beautiful card; your embellished and glittered heart is gorgeous;perfect!

cnelson

FAbulous! LOVE the stitching!

yyam

Ohhhh...such sweet details on your card Amy!:)

mfc.melissamade2

Oh Amy - this is wonderful!! Love your style! The turquoise color really pops - love that!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy