11.26.2010

Joy and whoopee pies!

Hey everyone!  It's Friday so that means I have a few days to kick back!  No Black Friday shopper here.  I feel very fortunate to say that there was nothing I needed to be up at 3:00 AM and waiting in line for this morning.  My daughter put 3 items on her list for her Secret Santa we do every year with my family: coat, piano music, candy.  Interesting huh?  I knew she wanted piano music because we have been searching the net looking for sheet music to various Christmas songs.  The candy I am not so sure about.  She seems to think I limit her intake of this too much.  We just went to Trader Joes' and I  bought her  peppermint whoopee pies .  Okay, maybe they were for both of us.  I would eat one of these over candy any day!
Pretend there is a picture here of the whoopee pies.  I hope to get one before they are gone!  Instead I share a yummy gingerbread card I made.

I made this today with the holidays on my mind.  I really like to bake cookies, breads, and muffins at Christmas time.  I am gearing myself up for this with a card using a gingerbread stamp.  What a delightful smell gingerbread omits while baking!  My DD loves to decorate the people when they come out.  We usually make a gingerbread house as well.  Strangely she does not care for the candy we use to construct a candy wonderland though.  I was just thinking, we have never used Nerds though.  I guess we need try that.  :-)
My card for today was created with no holiday paper.  I love when I can muster the mojo to do this.  It seems I sometimes get stuck and think I can only use Christmas paper when. making a Christmas card.  So not true. 
I need to get some things taken care of quickly and just realized the time.  Eeek!  More later! 

Challenges for my card:
2S4Y: # 66 sketch
A Spoonful of Sugar: #131 "Anything Goes"
Belli Challenge: #105 "R embellishments" ribbon and rhinestones
CR84FN5:  color scheme using this photo
Lollipop Crafts: "Christmas"
Papertake Weekly: "Cut It Out"  cut image out and used punches
Stamp and Create: #7 "Tis the Season"
Stampin B's : #86 "Holiday card"

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Laura Davis

This is adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Davi

Love those colors!! That gingerbread man is just the cutest!! Im with you nothing I need or want enough to get in line at 3am.

Suzanne C

What a sweet image and card! Lovely card.

Mona Pendleton

Awe! What a cute card! Love the little gingerbread man with the rhinestone buttons! Thanks so much for playing along with the 2Sketches4You sketch challenge and with the CR84FN challenge :)

Leanne

I love the gingerbread man - hes fab!!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Layer Upon Layer challenge this week - you can enter as many times as you like!

Hope to see you there! Leanne xx

Kirsty Vittetoe

This is so sweet, adorable gingerbread man!
I think your daughter is adorable, so cute for her to ask for music!

Stella

Your gingerbread man is a cutie :). I love this card; soft, sweet, elegant and perfect for the Holidays. Your daughter asked for sheet music; maybe an idea to ask aruond in your neighbourhood or school? Maybe someone is having some of it and let you copy it... and she can practice in the upcoming days. ( Just an idea :) !!) It's always lovely to hear children making music.
Enjoy your weekend!

Saskia

So cvute and so unique! Lovely card!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Anabelle O'Malley

How cute is that gingerbreak man, Amy?? Love your card. And lucky you that your daughter's list is so short!

~amy~

such a fun card...wow, no holiday paper...you rock!

Benzi

What a darling gingerbread card. I love to smell it baking, too. Yummy! I love his cute smile. So glad you joined the Stampin B' this week with your wonderful creation.

Ros

Fabulous card ... Christmas is so much fun when you have a child in the home ... your daughter sounds a delight!

Four Is A Neff

That card is amazing!!!! do u sell them? cause you should they rock!!!

Kristii

Sooooo cute!!! I love the little gingerbread man!!!!

Claire Phillips

Sunning card - that gingerbread man is gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Annika

It looks so whimsical, soft and truly festive - beautiful card
hugs
Annika

joy

Cute, cute gingerbread man -- love his bling! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Sue Lelli

LOVE the bow! LOVE the Joy tag! And of course that stamped gingerbread man is too CUTE!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy