11.03.2010

Big Dreams to you!

Hey everyone!  Hope you are doing well on this Wednesday evening.  I have been running around the house getting chores done.   I would much rather have been sitting and creating but laundry, trash, and dishes were waiting for me. Not complaining because it keeps moving up and down the stairs and the Pumpkin Spice donut was calling me earlier today at Wegman's.  Yeah I ate one on the way home.  I couldn't help myself.  Hanging head in shame.  I think the sugar gave me the energy to complete two loads of laundry and empty the trash bins.  Not to mention the motivation to make dinner. Ugghhh.  Did not want to think about it but my family needs to eat. 
Okay so my card for today was a card I created on Monday.  This week Meljen's is sponsoring us at Crafty Creations with digital images.  The theme is fairy tales and fables.  I chose the sleeping dragon entitled, "Cuddle Dragon" to work with.  City Crafter Challenges is featuring digis this week so wanted to join in!


I used the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges by Silke Ledlow. Silke's card for this is jaw dropping beautiful!   You have to see it for yourself!
I printed the image on green and white cardstock. I highlighted with a dark green marker then cut it out and adhered to the image.  I filled in the rest of the image and added a few highlights to the flourishes.  I used Stickles on his wings for a touch sparkle.  I framed it on a turquoise cardstock for the Digi Tuesday challenge..  As you can see, I stitched with a light blue thread which is  Crafty Cardmaker's challenge this week.

Challenges for my card:

City Crafter Challenge: #29 "Get Your Digi On!"
Crafty Cardmaker's: #33 "Stitching"
Crafty Creations:#92  "Fairy Tales and Fables"
Crazy 4 Challenges: Sketch
Digi Tuesday :#83  "I've been Framed"

Have a great evening!

18 comments:

Heather Rogers

How adorable Amy! I need to get some laundry done myself. :)

Anonymous

Don't you just hate when the chores get in the way of our crafting time??! lol Terrific card Amy!!
smiles,Deena

Tenia Nelson

Super cuteness!!!!

mfc.melissamade2

Amy - this is just beautiful and honey where that doughnut smile with pride - if a doughnut got me two loads of laundry and empty trash bins I'd be eating two!!! Love your card that dragon is just adorable!
Melissa

yyam

Oh just so cute! Love the bright colors! :)

Claire Phillips

Great card Amy - lovely colouring and papers and super bow! Cheers Claire x

Stella

Your card is cute and gorgeous! And now I am going to fold my wagonload of laundry.........:)

Saskia

Ooooh... i LOVE this cute dragon! Great card!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Unknown

This is soooo Cute. I love that image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe

This dragon is so super cute, and I love the happy colors you chose to go along with, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Kat

What a cute card, that dragon is so sweet and I love the stitching. Thanks for joining us at CCM.

Kat x

Ellibelle

This is wonderful. I love the fabulous sketch, stitching looks fantastic and such a sweet image.
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at digital tuesday! Hope to see you again next week!

Ros

So cute .. lovely image ... thanks for sharing at CCCB

cnelson

This is just the cutest!!! LOVE it!!!

Mona Pendleton

Such a cute card!

Josephine

So cute. Love the image, and that mega-bow is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Hanna

This has to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen! Love everything about it, such a delicious colour combo and fantastic, breathtaking design. As alway, you've created a masterpiece that is totally out of this world.

have a fab sunday!
hugs from Hanna

craftyb

Amy I'm right with ya on the chores front...uggghhh!! But your card is fabby...love the fresh colours and your bow is perfect! bx

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy