10.27.2010

Sigh...

I am having trouble updating today because it is with great sadness that I relay the  bleak news of my Grandmother.  Her doctor has advised for Hospice to step in because there is nothing medically to be done at this point.  Another "spot" of gangrene has now appeared so it's just ugliness.  She will be made as comfortable as possible. Amputation would have been too traumatic for a 98 year old and her health is extremely poor from lack of nutrition and failing kidneys.  I can only hope she finds peace and trust in the plan He has for her.  Thank you everyone for your prayers and hugs as I have shared the updates about her here.  I truly feel like she is lifted in prayers. 
And now it's time to share my Crafty Creations card for the week.  Claire issued a Fall/Halloween theme and I went with the later.  I figured I would squeak one more in before it passes us by.  Check out this prize she is offering to the winner!
I started this card using 2S4Y sketch.  Laura is back and tackling this week's challenge with a gorgeous card!  This sketch rocks Laura! 
I started by using some Theresa Collins papers.  I did some distressed edges with scissors and ink.  I couldn't be bothered to search for my special distressing tool.  Scissors work just as well in my book.  :-)  Over on Aly's Sunday Challenge all the cards this week are featuring distressing so pop on over and check it out for ideas. 
My friend, Stevie, sent me the cute clear stamp.  Also that fabulous polka dot ribbon!  Thank you Stevie!
Several challenge blogs are spotlighting Halloween cards this week so I would like to add my card in for the following entries.  Paper Playtime has cards, treat bags, and more featuring this ghoulish holiday.  Ellephantastic also has some super cute Halloween inspirations!  I love Helen's decorated mason jar.  Crazy 4 Challenges has some delightful Halloween creations to share that will surely inspire you.  But wait there is more!  Stampin for the Weekend has a Halloween theme and talk about loads of eye candy!  There are other 300 samples!  Even if you can't participate in the challenge, you should see the work featured.  I promise you will not be disappointed. 
It's time to get ready for work.  Today is a wonky weather day.  It's sunny and  in the high 70's but rain is threatening to occur any moment.  Crazy weather going on in the states.  I hope you are safe and protected from the elements.  I read that North Dakota had several inches of snow?  Prayers to all those effected by yesterdays horrible storms. 

25 comments:

Laurel

Your card is adorable, sorry to hear of your grandmother.

Laura Davis

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson

I am so very sorry to hear about your grandma. Big HUGS! your card is just as cute as can be.

Amy Fitzgerald

Very cute card. So sorry about your grandmother.

Kay

I'm thinking about your grandmother and your whole family. Many, many hugs to you. I'm so sorry about the recent news.

Your card is most adorable! I can't get over that darling owl and the big polka dot bow. YUM!! Love to you, ♥♥ Kay

Mimi

I hope that your grandmother passes peacefully into His waiting arms when the time is right.

Hugs & love to you,
Mimi

Anonymous

Hi dear Amy...so sorry to hear the sad news of your Grandmother!!!
sending you lots of love and Many Blessings......Stay strong xxx


Your card is Fabulous....:) xxx

Janis Lewis

What a cute image, card, and I love that ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

mfc.melissamade2

Amy - Your card is gorgeous hon...love the accents and the owl is just too adorable. Please come craft with me anytime too!

Now, the important thing - I'm sorry to hear about your grandma - 98 - wow, I hope she's led a good life - by the sounds of it she has a lot of love surrounding her - which typically means good life led! I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs and support through this time and prayers too! (((((((HUGS)))))
Melissa

Lynda

So so sorry to hear the sad news - I do hope your grandmother is free from pain and is kept as comfortable as possible. It's a very difficult time and my thoughts are with you still. (((HUGS)))

Lynda xxx

~amy~

Oh Amy, so sorry to hear about your grandmother...hang in there!

Your card is super cute, love the ribbon you used and of course, the owlie!

Anonymous

Amy I'm sorry to hear of your Grandmother's failing health and will keep her in my thoughts.
Your card is adorable! That ribbon is fabulous too!
hugs,Deena

Carolina Girl (Cely)

So very sorry about the news of your grandmother. Its a hard time for you and people like us who visit your blog are thinking of you. On the matter of you card, I love it...i have that owl but don't have that pretty ribbon nor did I make a card with my owl that looked as pretty as your card. I need to go back to the drawing board.

Simply Pam

Great card! Love the ribbon too. Thanks for participating in the Paper Playtime Challenge.

Pam

Ingrid

Luv the Owl. Sorry to hear of the problems your grandmother is having.
JustIngrid

Claire Phillips

So sorry to read about your Grandmother, I feel sure she has led an amazing life and hope some comfort can come from that - you are in my thoughts.
I love your owl card - so fun...fab image and what a bow! Warmest Wishes Claire x

Stella

Oh my; how sad to read your grandmothers' situation. It's hard to deal with the fact htat there is nothing that the doctors can do. I'll keep you and your grandmother in my prayers.
Your car is so beautiful. You created such a beauty!

Vanja

Beautiful card! I love that ribbon.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges! :)
Hugs, Vanja

yyam

This is super cute! Love the ribbon and that cute owl! :)

Sorry to hear about your grandmother ....please take care!

Helen Laurence

Your card is beautiful.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
Take care. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic Challenges this week hugs x

Mona Pendleton

This is a darling Halloween card Tina! That lil' owl is precious! I am sorry to hear about your GrandMother! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristii

Such a cute card!!!!! I love it!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother!!! Hugs to you! She is in my thoughts and prayers!!!

delicate diaries

I actually love the colours on the card heheh... I love your blog!! Unfortunately.. there is something going wrong with my links and internet, it may be the cookies or something... but I will keep trying!! Littlebear from bloggers swap. xxx

Linda Beeson

Sorry about your Grandma - hopefully the family can spend some great days with her for awhile. LOVE your cute card! That paper is perfect.

Carole Beath

Many many friends are sending you hugs... I am so sorry about your sweet grandmother. I pray she has lessened pain, and she is in my prayers.
Carole

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy