7.05.2010

Heatwave is here!

The heat has returned and it is expected to be close to a 100 today. Yeah! I love the hot weather. Tomorrow will be hotter. I think it's a pool day indeed. Most people are off today in the DC area so I expect it will be a busy day for the pool, shopping, and lots of traffic. I hope you had a fabulous 4th of July! What an honor to be able to celebrate as an American citizen and share in our freedom to watch fireworks and hang out with the family. Thank you to all those men and women that help keep us safe.
Today I have my Card Patterns card for sketch #71

I used some older Cosmo Cricket papers on this card. I wanted to add a little texture so I did some paper piercing around the edges of the papers. I made the rosebud flower with three paper flowers. It was easy to make just pinch the flower into a rosebud for the center and then glue layers around it. I distressed the edges of the card with So Saffron ink and used scissors and nail file to give a rougher edge.

These two cards feature GCD Studios papers that I made for the "Spotlight Gal" this month. I used Homespun, Artsy Urban, and Ava papers. I kept them simple but sweet.

I wanted to highlight the colors of the papers so I used the black cardstock to bring out their vibrancy. I love the texture of the papers. Not to mention the embossed and glittered papers they have! Fun stuff! The sentiments are from "book page" that I cut out. Lots of great phrases, sentiments, and more on this piece. I have more GCD Studios to share throughout the month so please check back. The theme for the month is birthday parties with lots of emphasis on fun and soft colors. Pop on over to see the circus tent card with a free template to make your own by Heidi V. Fun indeed! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Laurel

What gorgeous cards!

~amy~

fabbie cards and dang it is hot where you live...

Tamie

I am in love with all of your cards, but the one you did for Card Patterns #71 just rocks! I love the different textures, pattern paper, ribbon and oh did I mention the sentiment is soooooo true! Where did you find it? It is raining here in Millet, Alberta today...won't see the sun until tomorrow. I will think of your warmth. Thanks for your wonderful comment on my card this morning, you brought a smile to my face. Wishing you a great day and a smile right back at ya...I just love meeting new crafters and your work is awesome.

Donna

Lovely cards - and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog x

Heather Rogers

These are totally fabulous Amy! Love the GCD papers. :)

Thanks for playing at Card Patterns this week.

Judie

Amy, great cards, love the papers you used

Judie H.

Tenia Nelson

Lovin' all of your cards Miss Amy!!!!

Cindy Lee

I really really love the card you made for Card Patterns! It's so pretty!

C

Three super creations, Amy! Love each one but the first is just gorgeous!

Kay

These are all so beautiful, Amy! The flower and paper piecing on the first one is divine and your "Spotlight Gal" cards are colorful and marvelous! I hope you had a Happy 4th! ♥♥ Kay

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy