1.30.2011

Happy Sunday all!  I hope you are enjoying this delightful day and finding a good reason to relax.

I am back today to share my Asian inspired card for Sentimental Sundays
I used a great new set that Ann is releasing for Raindrop Echo at Whimsy Stamps.  The set will be released on Feb. 1st and is entitled, "I Heart You" with 6 different sentiments. 
I had this DMD paper for quite some time now and am glad I was able to use to it.  I really like the thickness of it.  I sewed around the edges and then distressed the edges to give a little texture.  The sentiment I printed out and then stamped a SU heart with ruby red ink.  I added a row of bling under Confucius and then tied a fabric remnant around and attached a silver heart charm.  Pretty easy huh?  I am liking the easy cards these days.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life: #36 scripture in background
Crafty Purple Frog: distressing
Creatalicious Challenge: love and ribbon
Daring Cardmakers: oriental theme
Paper Pretties: #138 sewing
Tuesday Throwdown: #33 distressing


Have a blessed Sunday!

20 comments:

Lynda

Love the idea of using a Chinese Proverb for the card - it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Love Lynda xxx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u

This is very pretty Amy! Love the black and white with splash of red.

SYLVIA-ANNE

A beautiful Oriental themed card Amy - it also has a "shabby chic" look, which I love, and the sentiment is fabulous. Thanks so much for visiting my blog - keep in touch and have a great week. Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Shawne

SO PRETTY! I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE IT LOOKS SO SOPHISTICATED AND THE SENTIMENT IS GREAT! THANKS FOR PLAYING AT THE HOTSPOT!

Kathy

Lovely Oriental card Amy/ Thanks for celebrating the Chinese New Year/Year of the Rabbit withThe Daring Cardmakers this week

dstandard

What a beautiful card - love black and white with a touch of red!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool)

very pretty!
thanks for joinin us at TCPF!

Stella

Gorgeous black and white and I love that splash of red; it's such a cute heart. And your bow is gorgeous; It looks like your sentiment just pops out of it!

Anonymous

What a beautiful oriental card. I love the look of this one its gorgeous

have a wonderful week
hugs June x

Tameko

Hi Amy, I really like your card. You can never go wrong with balck and white. Nice senitment choice. I noticed that you have made some changes to your blog. Looks good. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving sweet comments. Blessings~Tamko

Unknown

What a fabulous card...I love the black and white with a touch of red! The bling and the heart charm fit perfectly! Thanks for playing with us at the Studio 313 Hotspot!

Chris

great card! I love that black ribbon and charm.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Louise F NZ

lovely card, the heart charm is really cute. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

cnelson

Such a pretty card! LOVE the sentiment!

Cheryl

Great card! I LOVE the paper you used!

Kirsty Vittetoe

Amazing, love the oriental feel!

Lisa Lepine

Beautiful card!! Love it. Thanks for joining us at CUYL this week.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Janice

Very beautiful. Love the sentiment and the charm!

Manuela

Very elegant :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

kaylou

what a gorgeous card, thanks for joining our Love challenge at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy