1.30.2011

Happy Sunday all!  I hope you are enjoying this delightful day and finding a good reason to relax.

I am back today to share my Asian inspired card for Sentimental Sundays
I used a great new set that Ann is releasing for Raindrop Echo at Whimsy Stamps.  The set will be released on Feb. 1st and is entitled, "I Heart You" with 6 different sentiments. 
I had this DMD paper for quite some time now and am glad I was able to use to it.  I really like the thickness of it.  I sewed around the edges and then distressed the edges to give a little texture.  The sentiment I printed out and then stamped a SU heart with ruby red ink.  I added a row of bling under Confucius and then tied a fabric remnant around and attached a silver heart charm.  Pretty easy huh?  I am liking the easy cards these days.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life: #36 scripture in background
Crafty Purple Frog: distressing
Creatalicious Challenge: love and ribbon
Daring Cardmakers: oriental theme
Paper Pretties: #138 sewing
Tuesday Throwdown: #33 distressing


Have a blessed Sunday!

21 comments:

Laurel

This is so pretty!

Lynda

Love the idea of using a Chinese Proverb for the card - it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Love Lynda xxx

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u

This is very pretty Amy! Love the black and white with splash of red.

SYLVIA-ANNE

A beautiful Oriental themed card Amy - it also has a "shabby chic" look, which I love, and the sentiment is fabulous. Thanks so much for visiting my blog - keep in touch and have a great week. Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Shawne

SO PRETTY! I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE IT LOOKS SO SOPHISTICATED AND THE SENTIMENT IS GREAT! THANKS FOR PLAYING AT THE HOTSPOT!

Kathy

Lovely Oriental card Amy/ Thanks for celebrating the Chinese New Year/Year of the Rabbit withThe Daring Cardmakers this week

dstandard

What a beautiful card - love black and white with a touch of red!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool)

very pretty!
thanks for joinin us at TCPF!

Stella

Gorgeous black and white and I love that splash of red; it's such a cute heart. And your bow is gorgeous; It looks like your sentiment just pops out of it!

Dezinaworld

What a beautiful oriental card. I love the look of this one its gorgeous

have a wonderful week
hugs June x

Tameko

Hi Amy, I really like your card. You can never go wrong with balck and white. Nice senitment choice. I noticed that you have made some changes to your blog. Looks good. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving sweet comments. Blessings~Tamko

Jen

What a fabulous card...I love the black and white with a touch of red! The bling and the heart charm fit perfectly! Thanks for playing with us at the Studio 313 Hotspot!

Chris

great card! I love that black ribbon and charm.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Louise

lovely card, the heart charm is really cute. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Cheryl Nelson

Such a pretty card! LOVE the sentiment!

Cheryl

Great card! I LOVE the paper you used!

Kirsty Vittetoe

Amazing, love the oriental feel!

scripperscrapper

Beautiful card!! Love it. Thanks for joining us at CUYL this week.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Scrapaddict

Very beautiful. Love the sentiment and the charm!

Manuela

Very elegant :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

kaylou

what a gorgeous card, thanks for joining our Love challenge at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy