10.18.2009

Sorry about the interruption

It's been one week with the new roomies and we are still getting settled. I didn't have much time to create this week. However, today I was determined to sit down and make something! I managed to get a few cards completed and then discovered my DD is ill. :-( Never a good thing to find out, but got her cleaned up and she is resting comfortably now. I always dislike it when kids are sick. They look so pathetic. I know when my DD is under the weather because she insists she is fine yet her body contradicts this with signs. When she tells me she is "fine", I know to grab the thermometer. Bless her heart. She does not fib (Autism characteristic) about anything but this. It scares the dickens out of her to think she will get a shot and although I assure her those days have passed, the memories linger. I have avoided the flu and Swine shots because of her medical history and I really hope this was the best choice.
Okay but you are not here to read this. So let me get to the card sharing!



This is based on CardPatterns #37 sketch and The Pink Elephant's #36 Fall challenge



Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; pattern paper and stickers: Pink Paislee; rub-on: Creative Imaginations; flower: KaiserCraft; rhinestones: Michael's; twine: Darice; ribbon, leaf and button from craft supply

For Get Sketchy's #1o sketch
Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket and Reminisce; stamp: Let's Get Jazzy;ink: Brilliance; ribbon: Michael's; glitter glue: Stickles; tulle and bell from craft supply



I discovered a new stamp company recently that I really love! Shirley's 2 Girls has really cool images and designs. SNR sent me an email announcing a digital day they were having last weekend and I popped over to check them out. They were offering a coffee cup and muffin image which I immediately printed off and began creating with. I made the the first card for the SNR digiday event and the second one is for the Thursday sketch which I won this week! Yeah!! I paper pieced the cup and muffin using Pink Paislee's Amber Road pattern papers to add some depth to the images.


Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; pattern paper: Pink Paislee; tag: Art Warehouse; jewels: Kaiser Craft; glitter glue: Stickles; alphabet sticker: Pink Paislee; other: punches Marvy and Fiskar's

Thanks for stopping by! I gotta run before Simon starts screaming for me to come help with unpacking the kitchen boxes. :-) Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Carole Beath

Hope that your daughter is much better now. It's heartbreaking when the little ones get ill and we feel so helpless.
Love your cards.
Carole

dstandard

Fabulous cards - great take on the CPS sketch!

~amy~

Hope your dd is feeling better...it stinks when the kidlets are sick.

I love all your cards..you've been super busy!!!!

ScrapAddict

Cute cards! Hope DD gets better soon!!

Regina Easter

wow awesome stuff girlie...hugs

Unknown

There are some seriously fun details in your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TPE despite your busy schedule. We ♥ having you :)

Katy

cute cute cards! Hope you dd feels better soon.

Allison Rankin

This is a lovely set but my faves are #1 and #4 (since I get to pick faves, right?). Hope your DD gets better. My cold is kicking my butt but I'd rather have it than any one of my three!

madcapfrenzy

I love the fall card... too cute!

Cindy Lee

Aww..I hope DD is feeling better now. Getting sick is no fun.

Great card...as always!

whoistracy

These are fab Amy! I love the distressed edges on your CP card. Great take on the sketch.

Laurel

Oh my goodness, so many fabulous cards! I love them all.

C

Love all your cards, Amy! The first one is especially lovely and they all have a very "artsy" feel to them...super cool!

Giselle

Awesome cards.. love them..!

Maria Matter

Amy these are fabulous! love the tulle on the pumpkin card!

blessings, Maria

Kelly

WOW Amy, you have really made up for lost time. Love all of your lastest creations! Especially the pumpkin one! Hope your daughter is doing better! I think it's harder on us mothers when a child is sick. Take good care!

Unknown

i wish i would have gotten a creative gene! CUTE Cards!

Elise

Amy, these are all soooooooo much fun! I can't believe that you are in the middle of moving AND have kids under the weather and STILL cranked out so many fabulous cards and hit so many challenges! You're A M A Z I N G ! I hope that the sweet girl feels much better soon and YOU - don't forget to take care of yourself! Of course, what better way than to MAKE MORE BEAUTIFUL STUFF! Wahoo!

LORi

I am so lovin' this card!! great job!!! So happy you joined us this week at TPE!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy